Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Chris Dodd for President?

With both Indiana's Evan Bayh and Virginia's Mark Warner out of the presidential sweepstakes before the race has even begun, it's hard to identify a viable moderate candidate. I suspect that Hillary Clinton is strong enough to take the nomination if she wants it (and doesn't blow it), even with Barack Obama's huge appeal. We just don't know enough about him, although that could change before the primary season. But there are other candidates and potential candidates worth considering. One of those is Chris Dodd, the senior Senator from Connecticut. Without knowing too much about him--it's Connecticut after all--the main reason I find him at all appealing is that he is, as I am, a former Peace Corps Volunteer. That speaks volumes to me about his character and so if he's still in this thing when the Virginia primary happens in 2008, he might just get my vote. Stay tuned, and check out Chris Dodd for President.

No comments: